WinterChrome™ might have the word "Chrome" in its name, but it's very important that people treat it as a totally different material of finish when cleaning their wheels. Plain and simple, you CANNOT use the same wheel care tips for WinterChrome™ wheels, whether they are Black WinterChrome or SnowChrome™. On the flip side of that, WinterChrome™ is also easier to clean, so that's a good thing!
So, let's set the record straight and tell you what you CAN do to keep your WinterChrome™ wheels looking all sexy and shiny!
What you need:
- A non-abrasive sponge or similar material.
- Mild soap mixed with warm water. This is the biggest change from chrome or other finishes where you might use metal polishes. With WinterChrome™, you just want to apply mild soapy water, and then rinse it off.
- Alternately, you can use car wash-safe cleaners (Mothers brand makes this stuff, and there's probably a bajillion others out there).
- Micro-fiber towel.
WinterChrome™ is much more durable than standard chrome finishes, but we still recommend cleaning your wheels every two weeks. Quality time with your sexy new bling-bling is well worth it, even if it makes your wife jealous.
- Follow the instructions on whatever car wash cleaner you are using. Remember that it's INCREDIBLY DAMAGING to your WinterChrome™ finish if you use things like abrasive dish detergents, metal polishes, or anything other than a car wash cleaner.
- If you're not using a specific cleaner, just put some mild soap in warm water.
- Apply whatever cleanser you're using with your sponge, then rinse it off.
- Dry the wheels with a microfiber towel.
Looking to purchase WinterChrome wheels?
Call us TODAY or check out our new Online Store!
Questions, comments or concerns? Hit us up in the comments below!