See our Return Policy for more information.
L.A. WHEEL AND TIRE reserves the right to amend or modify the terms and conditions of this warranty at any time without prior notice.
If you have any further questions, please contact us:
L.A. Wheel and Tire
9644 Lurline Avenue
Chatsworth, CA 91311
(818) 678-9169 fax
5-Year Limited Warranty for wheel finishes
Damaged and/or corroded wheels automatically void this warranty.
This limited warranty covers re-finishing costs only; it does not cover any additional costs that may occur, such as repairs, dismounting and / or re-balancing of wheels / tires, packaging and shipping costs, and/or consequential damages.
To file a claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Invoice number
- Full name
- Date of purchase
- 2-3 photos of the suspect areas
Note: Filing a claim does not guarantee its acceptance.
Warranty claims may be made by email only. However, please include your full contact information (including ground address and phone numbers) in any correspondence.
Claims that meet the warranty inspection criteria, as solely determined by L.A. Wheel and Tire, will be re-coated at no cost to our customer. All you pay is the shipping charges.
Claims that fail to meet the warranty inspection criteria, as solely determined by L.A. Wheel and Tire, will either be returned to you or you can opt to have them re-coated and returned to you - either option is at your cost. Please be advised that the re-coating process ordinarily takes 2-4 weeks to complete.
Under no circumstances does L.A. Wheel and Tire provide any loaner or replacement wheels. Any and all packaging and shipping costs are the customer's responsibility.
5 YEAR CHROME LIMITED WARRANTY
Our 5 Year Chrome Limited Warranty applies to newly chromed wheels and ONLY covers peeling, separation, blistering and discoloration caused by defects in the chrome plating process. Anything that is not caused by a defect in the chrome plating process will not be covered by this warranty. Please note that this warranty does not cover damage to the chrome finish caused by any of the following:
- Pitting or corrosion.
- Pitting or corrosion occurs from either road salt or high salt content in the air. Often in cold climates salt or de-icers are used to melt the ice on the roads. Even if chrome wheels are exposed to road salts for only a very short period of time, exposure to the salt may likely cause pitting or corrosion to the chrome finish (even opening your garage nearby a salted highway or road may be sufficient exposure to the road salt to cause pitting or corrosion). High salt content in the air will likewise cause pitting or corrosion, so if you live by the ocean or in an area with a high salt content, chrome wheels are highly susceptible to pitting or corrosion. For these reasons, we highly recommend our Winter Chrome or Salt Protect Chrome for geographical areas with road salt or areas with high salt content in the air.
- Brake dust. If left on chromed wheels, this likely will cause corrosion.
- Chemicals and abrasive material or agents can also cause corrosion. Make sure not to clean with any type of agent that is questionable for chrome. We recommend Dawn dish washing soap and drying wheels thoroughly.
- Water damage from sprinkler systems. Often there is high mineral content in the water that comes out of sprinkler systems. This high mineral content, if left on your car, can damage your chrome wheels and the paint on your car. Avoid parking by any sprinkler systems.
- Damage to the chrome from snow, ice, or any other harsh weather conditions.
- Damage to the chrome from puncture sealants.
- Damage to the chrome from improper installation, mounting and removal of wheels and/or the tires. This includes the incorrect use of tire lubricant. Tire lubricant comes in liquid and paste, and we have found the paste form of tire lubricant to be a corrosive element. Clamp on weights to mount the wheels will also damage chrome. Only use adhesive weights to mount wheels.
- Damage to the chrome due to a car accident, including curb rash, road debris, a collision or any impact with the chromed wheel.
- Damage to the chrome due to a modification of the wheel.
- This warranty does not apply to re-chromed wheels.
POWDER COAT WARRANTY
OUR 5-YEAR POWDER COAT LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS PEELING AND SEPARATION CAUSED BY DEFECTS IN THE POWDER COATING PROCESS.
This Limited Warranty does not cover wheels subjected to corrosion or finish damage (including, but not limited to, pitting, bubbling or scratches) due to any of the following:
- Strong Chemicals (not including brake dust, which should not damage the Powder Coat finish) and improper wheel cleaning solutions
- Bead corrosion caused by tire mounting lubricants
- Abrasive materials
- Improper use or mistreatment, including maintenance neglect, cleaning with abrasive materials or use of improper or corrosive cleaning materials/agents
- Road hazards (such as potholes, curb damage, road debris) that may bend or crack the wheel
- Mineral deposits from sprinkler systems or exposure to other water with minerals
- Puncture sealants
- Improper installation, mounting and removal of wheels and/or tires
- Accidents (including curb rash, road debris or collisions)
- Modification of the wheel
THE SIMPLE WINTERCHROME WARRANTY
OUR 5-YEAR WINTERCHROME LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS CORROSION, PITTING, PEELING, DE-LAMINATION, AND DISCOLORATION CAUSED BY DEFECTS IN THE CHROME PLATING PROCESS FOR A PERIOD OF 5 YEARS FROM DELIVERY.
We have only a few, simple exceptions that are not covered:
- Any damage due to any type of impact from mounting and balancing, pot holes, collisions and curb rash.
- Any damage due to any abrasions from scrubbing wheels with wire brushes, sandpaper or other abrasive materials.
- Any damage due to heat over 240 degrees F, which can melt the surface.
- Use of any cleaners or chemicals that are not labeled " clear coat safe" will void the Winterchrome ™ warranty.
Accessories that are finished, such as chrome lug nuts, carry a 1 year limited warranty on the applicable finish, but otherwise follow the same terms and conditions, unless otherwise stated.
CENTER CAPS WARRANTY
Center Caps carry no warranty, expressed or implied.
HYBRID FINISH WARRANY
Hybrid finishes do not carry any warranty whatsoever. Such finishes are designed to be show quality and have not been tested for any other environment.